Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: My Car Got Stolen!

  1. #11
    MTRS the 1st
    Guest MTRS the 1st's Avatar

    Exclamation

    I called my local police dept regarding the use of deadly force in a situation like this.

    Quote: "The use of deadly force IS authorized to protect life AND property".

    "If someone is stealing your stuff you gotta do what you gotta do" <---his quote

    If this happens again I'm sizing up the situation and making a decision to extract justice.

    Mac

    [This message has been edited by MTRS the 1st (edited August 16, 2001).]

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sim,

    I am very sorry to hear about your loss... as a matter of fact, I am really speechless. I cannot put into words how bad I feel for you.
    If there is anything that I can do to help or comfort you... do not hesitate to call me.

    Jim

    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  3. #13
    Inactive Member falconGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I want everyone to know that this is a law that is unique to Texas, and perhaps a few other states.

    The use of deadly force to protect property / prevent theft is considered manslaughter in Florida. I was under the impression that this is true for most of the country.

    Before you bust a cap in the ass of some punk who is jacking your ride, please check your state laws. People can and do go to jail, even when they are defending their property and belongings.

    The only time there is no question you have the right to use deadly force is when your life is threatened.

    Joe

  4. #14
    Inactive Member falconGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Now, Sim....Galayns has the Smith & Wesson Model 60 for sale. $299. Great price. 5 shot revolver. only 21 ounces, 2.25" barrel. Mean bark, meaner bite!

    Joe

  5. #15
    Inactive Member blownintegra's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2000
    Posts
    297
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Man I feel for ya, mine was stolen twice about 4 years ago. Now, I only park it in the garage, and I don't take it out unless I'm driving it. I don't take it to the mall, etc, just because of that reason. It sucks to have to own a car that you're afraid take somewhere so it will be there when you get back.

    Yeah, I lived in Texas, and a cop told me to get a shotgun with the shortest legal barrel, and just fire away, you're almost guaranteed to hit something, plus you are more often to get off if the person lives, you could say it was a hunting rifle, and I feared for my life.

    Car theft should be punishable by death, and I know Texans love a good bar-b-que(I smell hair burning).

    I hope you find it.

    Sincerely,
    Mike

  6. #16
    Inactive Member reddelsol's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2000
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Have you guys seen the anti-theft device they allow in South Africa (crime there is akin to being in a war zone)

    side pipe flame throwers that incinerate anyone trying to hijack your car.

    Of course, that's really just a luxury car add-on.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 1999
    Posts
    795
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Laws will vary from state to state. Texas is somewhat liberal on this point but most states do not allow you to kill someone in order to protect your property. I can remember a case where a man saw someone stealing his car from his driveway. He went to the closet took out is rifle and picked the thief off from the balcony. I don't remember the sentence but he went to jail for many years. Unless your life is in danger you do NOT have the right to take someones life simply to protect your property.

    As for your next car, perhaps I can help. After my Honda was stolen in January I bought an Eclipse GSX. So far, I'm very happy with my decision. With about $3000 in parts you can run low 13s/high 12s and be perfectly streetable. The DSM is a great bang for the buck car. If you need some help on choosing one, I will be happy to help guide you in the right direction depending on your goals and budget.

    ------------------
    Marc
    Want to know why I got rid of the JRSC? http://crx.honda-perf.org/horror/jrsc.html

    Coming soon: A new member to the 12 second club.
    burnout1 burnout1 burnout1 burnout1

    AIM=spoolyn

    [This message has been edited by Marc (edited August 14, 2001).]

  8. #18
    MTRS the 1st
    Guest MTRS the 1st's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks Marc

    You have mail.
    mac

  9. #19
    Inactive Member 12SecGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 20th, 2000
    Posts
    236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    as I found when I was in the same condition, home owners insurance wouldnt cover it anyway... they only cover items in the car that were not attached to the car...

    sorry to hear about this.. I sure hope your car turns up in better shape than mine... every time I look at my chassis, my heart drops... Texas sure is filled with a bunch of low life theives now adays... I dont even want to start the process of building one of these cars again... my spirit was crushed when my baby was stolen frown

    good luck...

  10. #20
    Inactive Member -TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2000
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    **this kind of turned into a bit of a rant, not directed at anyone in particualar**

    I don't even know you and I'm truely sorry to hear that your car is gone - I've had a car stolen which had no insurance to cover it as well. Total loss, and that was just an 87 Civic hatchback with a stereo system in 1995.

    My advice: Before you go out and get something else car theives are interested in and start dropping all your extra money into it, save a little and start looking for a house with a garage.

    Every one of these BBS stolen car stories I've read have been apt. complex thefts. Guys say they can't afford a house but they can afford to drop thousands in wheels, body kits, turbo's, superchargers, etc. and they leave 'em in some shitty carport in an apt. complex. I don't care how nice the area is, it's sitting outside where anyone with balls can walk up to it and take off.
    You'd be surprised at how comparable a mortgage payment and rent is. I bought my first house with a 4 car detached garage when I was 24. Monthly payment - $650 in 1997, Denver. Sure it was on the fringe of the ghetto, but I never had a problem with 4 honda's parked inside (coincedently all mostly stock looking like your GSR) - '86 DOHC CRX, '90 B16A CRX, 91 SC Civic, and the roomie's '99 Civic Si.

    This year I raked in on the surging housing market, sold the ghetto house (doubled my money) and bought another house, twice as big with another 4 car garage in a nicer neighborhood.

    No matter how bad you want a nice car, it can wait until you've got a nice place to park it.

    I hope they catch the m*****rf****r's that stole it. Even more, I hope YOU catch them. Viva Texas Law!

    -TJ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •